The St. Philip Parent Teacher Guild (PTG), as an advisory body, is intended to provide opportunities for parents to fulfill their God-given role as educators and to give mutual support through collaboration with the School. The objectives of the PTG are as follows:
- Give parents a means of contact with the school for the benefit of the child.
- Maximize financial resources available to the school through well planned fundraising activities, volunteer services, and contributions from the business community.
- Publicize, through an ongoing and effective public relations campaign, the contributions of the school to the parish and broader church and civic communities.
- Provide parents with effective ways of earning toward their fundraising quota (FRQ) and volunteer hour requirements.
- Coordinate fundraising efforts and resources to meet the mandated 10% of a school’s operating budget by The Pittsburgh Diocese.
- Plan activities such as Classroom Parties & Programs, School Assemblies, and Field Trips with fundraising funds once the yearly goal is met.
St. Philip PTG is an active and essential part of the school community. Parents become members of the PTG when their child is enrolled at St. Philip School. Several PTG meetings are scheduled throughout the school year. Parents are asked to attend meetings and take an active role through participation and volunteering.
PTG Board Members for the 2018-2019 year:
PTG Meeting Schedule:
- Sept 11, 2019 at 7 PM - Executive Board ONLY
- Sept 25 or Oct 2, 2019 at 7 PM - General Membership - School Cafeteria
- Nov 6, 2019 at 7 PM - Executive Board ONLY
- Dec TBD - Executive Board ONLY
- Jan 15, 2020 at 7 PM - General Membership - School Cafeteria
- Feb 19, 2020 at 7 PM - Executive Board ONLY
- March 18, 2020 at 7 PM - General Membership - School Cafeteria
- April 22, 2020 at 7 PM - Executive Board ONLY
- May 6, 2020 at 7 PM - General Membership–Elections - School Cafeteria
HELP WANTED: Open PTG Positions
The following committee positions are currently open. If you are interested in any of these positions, please email email@example.com to learn more.
FUNDRAISING FOR FREE (1-2 CHAIRPERSONS) - This position handles all the retail and restaurant fundraising opportunities that people can do year round. This includes the existing programs like Box Tops, Giant Eagle Apples for Students, and Amazon Smile, but also planning Dine Out fundraisers and any other programs that might benefit the school.
CRAFTON CELEBRATES (2 CHAIRPERSONS) - Crafton Celebrates is a community event held at Crafton Park at the end of June. St. Philip School operates some food and game booths. This event replaces the Parish Festival as a main source of fundraising for our school so it is important that we all make it as successful as possible. We are looking for a FOOD BOOTH CHAIRMAN and a GAME BOOTH CHAIRMAN to join the committee.