The St. Philip Parent Teacher Guild (PTG), as an advisory body, is intended to provide opportunities for parents to fulfill their God-given role as educators and to give mutual support through collaboration with the School. The objectives of the PTG are as follows:
- Give parents a means of contact with the school for the benefit of the child.
- Maximize financial resources available to the school through well planned fundraising activities, volunteer services, and contributions from the business community.
- Publicize, through an ongoing and effective public relations campaign, the contributions of the school to the parish and broader church and civic communities.
- Provide parents with effective ways of earning toward their fundraising quota (FRQ) and volunteer hour requirements.
- Coordinate fundraising efforts and resources to meet the mandated 10% of a school’s operating budget by The Pittsburgh Diocese.
- Plan activities such as Classroom Parties & Programs, School Assemblies, and Field Trips with fundraising funds once the yearly goal is met.
St. Philip PTG is an active and essential part of the school community. Parents become members of the PTG when their child is enrolled at St. Philip School. Several PTG meetings are scheduled throughout the school year. Parents are asked to attend meetings and take an active role through participation and volunteering.
PTG Board Members for the 2018-2019 year:
PTG Meeting Schedule:
- Sept 11, 2019 at 7 PM - Executive Board ONLY
- Sept 25 or Oct 2, 2019 at 7 PM - General Membership - School Cafeteria
- Nov 6, 2019 at 7 PM - Executive Board ONLY
- Dec TBD - Executive Board ONLY
- Jan 15, 2020 at 7 PM - General Membership - School Cafeteria
- Feb 19, 2020 at 7 PM - Executive Board ONLY
- March 18, 2020 at 7 PM - General Membership - School Cafeteria
- April 22, 2020 at 7 PM - Executive Board ONLY
- May 6, 2020 at 7 PM - General Membership–Elections - School Cafeteria